Friday, January 21, 2011

I am in


I am in
the open
field again
waiting for
the answer
I was told
to find to
find my way

and so I
find myself
lost looking
for who I
was before
I began
to become
who I am

I try to
remember
try to find
the soft hands
that held my
infancy
at the breast

the gentle
song of round
musical
motherly
nourishment

a song of
permission
to be here

but instead

why are you
crying what’s
wrong with you

all you think
about is
yourself you
never think
about any-
one else you

you little
bastard all
you ever
think about
is you how
do you think
I feel on
my feet day
after day
to support
this house you
selfish brat
how do you
think I feel
for a change

remember
I brought you
into this
world and I’ll
take you out

is what I
heard as far
back as I
can forget

up until
I cut the
cord with her

her response
ended with
“you stupid
bastard” and
I ended
the phone call

“and that’s why
I . . . goodbye.”

No comments:

Post a Comment